In a difficult time when engine has stopped and the steering wheel has jammed, to survive there is not much to do but wait for a dry land. Some may try to jump into the deep blue sea and exhaust themselves in searching. While other sit back on the dry deck tanning them at wait for rescue boat. Either way you may survive or die trying.
To avoid such a scenario you should prepare yourself and steer your vessel in such a way that even the highest tide or worst storm could keep you sailing to your destination.
MTCC is in a situation mentioned earlier, lost in the wide sea gazing at the horizon. During this time she needs to sort out her priorities, Should MTCC invest on the project those which may give better turnover or should just commit on projects for the sake of not having one. Should she give more attention on all ongoing projects?
If just taking project or committing to those which might drain the company money it would not have strength to compete others in a better project.
Let’s look at what is happening now in MTCC. The list is not on any order which I will leave to the readers to arrange the these according to your belief from top to least priorities;
1. Express ferry service to Male’ International Airport
2. Taking part in fares like; boat fare, hotel fares, etc…
3. Improving ferry services (Male’, Villimale’ and Hulhumale’)
4. Reducing department and sections (Executives)
5. Having a COO and CEO
6. Property developments
7. Extending Market Internationally
8. CPMD projects
9. Land use plan of MTCC
10. Business Plan 2011
12. Budget 2011
13. Review Salary structure
14. Staff performance evaluation
15. Collecting Debts
16. Selling shares
17. Searching for partners
18. Servicing machinery and equipment
19. Investing on construction material (Sales Centre)
21. Sacking highly paid unnecessary or un productive staff
List goes which shall be continued in the next one.
Wish you all give spare your thoughts and express yourself to bring our “thin riya odi” to an “amaan bandhrakah”. Thanks for your time.